Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Machines
A CPAP machine is a device that is designed to help the people with a medical condition called as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) that creates difficulty in breathing during the sleep.
There are many CPAP machines for sale in the market, which works in a way that allows the person to breathe easily during sleep by increasing the air pressure in the throat resulting in a more natural breathing pattern where airway does not collapse while breathing. These CPAP machines can be conveniently used in the comfort of the house.
Features of and benefits of CPAP machines:
- It comes with a mask that covers the user’s nose and mouth.
- This mask covers the user’s nose for continuous nasal positive airway pressure.
- Machine’s prongs fit into the user’s nose.
- CPAP is highly effective for obstructive sleep apnea.
- It will reduce or stop snoring substantially.
The continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines decrease various sleep symptoms like daytime sleepiness, especially in the people with moderate to severe sleep apnea. These sleep apnea machines ensure settling a proper sleep cycle without disturbances.
Research shows that the use of CPAP machines helps in the people with sleep apnea and coronary artery disease as well. CPAP machine is an effective alternative to other non-surgical methods for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
Essential things to know before you start the use of CPAP machines:
- Since the CPAP machines are an effective solution for the sleeping disorders, as a user of CPAP devices, you need to be careful about seeing your doctor or a sleep center regularly, in the beginning, to make sure that this breathing machine for sleep apnea is treating you positively without any side effects.
- With their effective technology and many variants including travel CPAP machines with humidifier, the costing for these machines is on a higher side. There are renting options available too.
Users need to be careful with the method of using the machine keeping below points in mind:
- At times, wearing a mask becomes difficult due to the nasal discomfort it causes.
- The CPAP machine is a bit noisy in use and the adjustments need to be made accordingly for best use.
- There could be a mild discomfort during the morning in the initial phase of using CPAP devices. It is recommended to talk to the doctor in case of consistent discomfort in sleeping or otherwise.